While it is fairly simple to maintain elements of block paving around your home, it isn’t completely maintenance free and to be able to keep your paving looking its best it will certainly require regular cleaning. There are likewise actions that you can take to avoid issues developing with the block paving and this can make the maintenance procedure a lot easier.
Let’s have a look at the five points which will help keep your drive, path or patio area looking terrific for years to come:
- Hold unwanted weeds at a distance. Weeds will not expand over the block paving within the surface below, but they will start to develop within the joints between the stones. Treating the area surrounding the joints with herbicide, even if you are yet to see any weeds, can help stop this problem from developing. Prevention is definitely better than treatment in this case, as established weeds is usually difficult to move completely after they have taken hold.
- Clean the paving frequently. Regularly cleaning your block paving will stop it looking mucky and old. The very best way to clean your paving is to make up a solution of hot water and soap and to apply this solution on the paving using a brush with hard bristles. These bristles will also help eliminate particles from the joints.
- Deal with algae as soon as possible. If you have block paving that is produced from stone, then you might encounter problems with algae, and these problems can start to reveal after just a short amount of time. One of the most reliable ways to treat algae is to apply regular household bleach, and this must be done when you first notice the algae. Here you will discover a little more about EKS Construction Cambridge.
- Consider using a power washer. Making use of a power washer can really improve the look of your block paving by washing away all the dirt that has accumulated and help recover the paving to its authentic colour. This is not a process that must be carried out too frequently however, as over use of power washers can damage the material that the paving is made of.
- Seal the joints of the paving. For those who have a great deal of issues with weeds and water getting into the joints of the paving, then making use of a sealer might help. This can help protect the joints and could minimize the amount of issues you have with unwanted weeds. It may also prolong the life span of your block paving.
Maintaining your block paving doesn’t need to be a difficult or time consuming job, and the more regularly it is carried out, the easier it will be the next time. If you never ever carry out any upkeep on your block paving, then eventually in the future you will start to discover that it does not look just like it used to, and the once you get to this point, it can be difficult to put things right.